EVENTS and NEWS
Women With Drive Foundation has established a cohesive and systemic foundational structure from which growth can occur. The mission and model of WWDF has gained support across social networks (Facebook/twitter) and among key established community organizations to provide a stable ladder up and out of generational poverty. To date, WWDF has:
• Paid for the year-long financial literacy program for a Muscatine Community College (MCC) business student and implemented a semester-long social entrepreneurism program
• Participated in the MCC Entrepreneur Day, March 29, 2012, representing nonprofits/social entrepreneurism; continue to advise MCC students in a volunteer capacity
• Awarded a vehicle to a Muscatine woman who was living at MCSA in May, 2011. Since then, have continued to keep in contact via Barb Fick, MSCA and Kaitlyn Wintermeyer, Muscatine City Housing Authority, who sent the following testimonial:
“Delana was in my office last week, and spoke about what a difference the car has made in her life. She was a different person than the shy, defeatist, underachiever I met a year ago. I knew getting a car would have a big impact on her ability to thrive financially, but I didn’t expect the difference I saw in her spirit.”
• Awarded a vehicle to a Scott county woman who received a state-wide grant awarded to women who have achieved steps toward self sufficiency. She currently attends school and participates in multiple programs administered by ISU Extension.
• Spoke on a Financial Resources Panel for the Iowa State Extension Offices May 16, 2012
• Appeared on Paula Sands Live/KWQC-TV May 24, 2012, to communicate our mission and growth
• June 2012: Speaker at Chicago’s TechWeek2012 ; topic Voices of Influence: Why Activism in Business Matters
• September 2012: Attended the launch of the 2013 Chevy Spark event in Chicago, IL as an influencer in the space for transportation
• Currently fielding requests for cars from Waterloo, Cedar Falls, Bettendorf in Iowa and Rock Island, Galva and Kewanee, Illinois. Through our facebook page and website, requests received nationwide
We were pleased to talk with Patti Serrano as she made her cross-country journey as part of her role as a career coach for The Success Loft. We talked about the origins of Women With Drive Foundation and how women helping women elevates the situation of all. If you are attending Blog World Expo in Los Angeles (held November 3-5), you can hear her speak in person!
Here’s our clip on YouTube.
We had a great time at the recent Muscatine Community Block Party, held at the Muscatine Community Y, Friday, September 9th. Over 1,000 people attended, with families of all sizes participating in the games, rides and enjoying food and fellowship. The rain held off just long enough for everyone to enjoy the evening. It was such fun to spend time with our neighbors. Communities that play together thrive! It was wonderful to be a part of it.
FREE GAS GIVEAWAY! CONGRATULATIONS goes to ED LAMPE of Muscatine, Iowa. He’s the lucky winner of $500 in free gasoline from Women With Drive Foundation (drawing held September 30, 2011). He’s pictured collecting his winnings! Our most sincere thanks to all who entered. Your investment helps women learn the skills that will help her lift herself and her family from a live of poverty.
We were honored to be among those chosen by Mutual of Omaha’s “Aha Moment” cross-country series to share the story of our mission. Here’s a brief video clip from our founder, Molly Cantrell-Kraig explaining her ‘aha moment’ and the reason why she established Women With Drive Foundation (the link takes you to Mutual of Omaha’s page):
TUNE IN FOR A TALK WITH YOUR “GIRLFRIENDS!”
We’re pleased to have appeared on the
Girlfriendology podcast! You can stream the 30 minute conversation between Girlfriendology Founder Debba Haupert and WWDF Founder Molly Cantrell-Kraig by clicking here! Girlfriendology is a dynamic internet community of women who support each other. You can find her online, facebook or on twitter.
It’s a great opportunity to hear about the “why” that drives us, and we’re honored by the chance to share our mission and story. Thanks, Debba!
The Women With Drive Foundation fund is a component fund of the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit charitable organization, donations to which are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Please make checks payable to the Community Foundation and include in the memo “WWDF”. Send to: Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine, 208 W. 2nd St, Ste. 213, Muscatine, IA 52761. You may request a current financial statement from the Community Foundation.